Changing Your Benefits

Changes to employee-selected optional benefits can only be made when the employee experiences a "major life event" or during the annual benefits open enrollment. The UA benefit plan year is July 1-June 30.


Major Life Event

Review the Major Life Events Checklist to determine if you have experienced a qualifying event and determine what changes you wish to make. Review the names of the forms you need to use, then download the necessary forms from this site or the Benefits Forms Page. Completed forms must be sent to your regional HR office within 30 days of the event, except for adding a newborn which can be done up to 60 days after birth.


Annual Benefits Open Enrollment

Employees have the option of making changes to their benefit elections annually during open enrollment. Open enrollment usually takes place from mid-April to mid-May with elected changes becoming effective for the following 12 months beginning July 1. Notice of open enrollment is sent via mail to eligible employees and all open enrollment materials are also posted on the Statewide HR Web site during open enrollment.

* The change form is used to change address, name or marital status. It updates UA, PERS/TRS and Blue Cross only. To update address with ORP or pension vendor, contact the vendor directly.

Back to Top