- Phone Charges and Internet Connection Fees
- Phone calls and internet connection fees for business are reimbursable.
- International data fees on personal cell phones are reimbursable when incurred for business purposes.
- Supplies and Miscellaneous
- Special clothing, camping gear, tools, and other supplies and miscellaneous expenses required to accomplish the travel objective are allowable expenses.
- Wages Paid During Travel
- For non-exempt employees, if the travel takes place during the employee’s normal work hours (even if the travel occurs on the employee’s normal day off), the employee is eligible for payment of wages for the travel time during normal work hours (not to exceed eight hours). Compensated travel time shall be considered “worked time” for purposes of calculating overtime pay.
- For faculty, exempt and executive employees, regardless of when travel takes place, the employee shall receive his or her normal pay. There shall be no payment or compensatory time provided for travel on weekends or other non-work periods.