During your time at the University of Alaska, be sure to take advantage of the career exploration and professional development opportunities available to you. No matter where you are on your career journey, Career Services has the tools and resources to support you. Explore career pathways, build professional networks and employer connections, develop skills through internships and experiential opportunities, and pursue your post-graduate goals.
Visiting Career Services early and often, is one of the most important steps towards achieving career success and feeling confident in one’s career direction. Career services offers these free resources to all UA students:
- Find internship, part-time, and full-time job postings.
- Schedule appointments with your Career Services Center for support with resumes, cover letters, mock interviews, career exploration, and more.
- Register for virtual and in-person events hosted by employers and Career Services Centers.
Students and Alumni can access thousands of internships and jobs that align with your interests, discover career and networking events, and more, all through Handshake. To get started, visit the Handshake homepage and log in with your UA username and password. Alumni may also request access with their preferred non-student email. With Handshake you can:
- Discover jobs through personalized recommendations based on your major and interests.
- Find career and networking events on campus or virtually.
- Explore thousands of jobs and internships available to you.
- Access through an easy to use, accessible online platform and mobile app.
Career Coach is a web-based tool to explore career and higher education opportunities. Easily browse current Alaska job postings, learn about workforce training and educational opportunities and access current Alaska labor market and wage data using simple online tools. Visit the Career Coach homepage to learn more. With Career Coach you can:
- Easily browse current Alaska job postings.
- Find workforce training and educational opportunities.
- Access current Alaska labor market and wage data using simple online tools.
- Learn more about in-demand careers in several industries.
- Take assessments that match your interests to specific college majors.
- Search for available programs in the UA system that lead to the career you want
Contact campus Career Services professionals:
UA Graduate Surveys
University graduates share feedback on their UA experiences: