System Office Staff Council April 12 Meeting Highlights
The System Office Staff Council held a regular business meeting on Monday, April 12th. Below are highlights from the meeting.
April 2021 SOSC Meeting Highlights
- SOSC passed a Motion to rename Statewide Administration Assembly to System Office Staff Council. Work will be done to make the change on the governance website and in official documents.
- Representatives heard about the Administrative Cost Analysis and additional work being done by David Bishko, Business Strategist. President Pitney has charged Mr. Bishko with gathering a good picture of administrative costs throughout the university system both through data analysis and interviews.
- Stefanie Gorder, HR Executive Assistant, was welcomed by SOSC to the university. In her new role she will be supporting SOSC and Staff Alliance.
- The System Office morale survey was sent out on April 13th and closed April 23rd. The survey was put together in collaboration with staff councils at UAA, UAF, and UAS, so that results can be evaluated at a systemwide level, shared with UA leadership, and used by governance to advocate for staff and plan initiatives to improve the workplace and staff benefits.
- SOSC closed nominations for the Outstanding Employee Awards on Wednesday April 14th. The awards will be announced during the May 21st Longevity and Outstanding Employee Awards virtual event.
- SOSC closed nominations for new members on April 16th. Elections will begin May 10th, and new members will be announced towards the end of May. Please take the time to review the ballot and vote on who you want to represent you when that comes out.
- Representatives heard an update on the SW Administrator Position Review. The review committee will begin matching up position descriptions and reviewing survey responses.
- SOSC heard an update on the Post-COVID Transition Monitoring Team. The new website is live and there is an employee survey that recently came out (see email from CHRO Steve Patin on April 21st). Please fill out this survey by May 7th.
- Mark your calendars: This year’s Longevity and Outstanding Employee Awards will be held virtually on Friday May 21st at 11:00am
SOSC will meet next on Monday, May 10th at 10 a.m. All staff are encouraged and welcome to attend. Reach out to SOSC representatives to share your ideas and/or concerns. Additional information about SOSC and the Zoom link for regular meetings is available on their website.