How to apply

Going to college in Alaska is only a few steps away.  Ready to get started?

Apply to your university of choice. Each institution has an admissions application to complete and submit online. You will need to setup a new user account if you don’t already have one. There is usually an application fee, so be ready to make payment when you apply. Applications, information and contacts for help can be accessed through the admissions links below.

An academic advisor is your guide to college, connecting you with a program and helping you find the tools you need to succeed. You should meet with an advisor as soon as possible after acceptance to the university to help plan your academic journey.

Unless you’re a millionaire you probably need help paying for classes, books and fees. Your college costs will depend on what school you select, how many classes you want to take, and for how much aid you qualify. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is required for federal, state and privately funded student loans and scholarships in Alaska. Fill it out at early to take advantage of the most funding opportunities. There are hundreds of scholarship opportunities for University of Alaska students. Explore them online via Kaleidoscope. 

Class registration begins in early April for the the fall semester, early November for the spring semester and early February for summer semester.   HOW MANY CREDITS? At UA, an associate degree requires at least 60 credit hours and a bachelor's degree requires at least 120 credit hours. You need at least 30 credits per year to graduate "on time." 

If you are not intending to seek a degree you can register for a class through UAOnline

Admission Requirements

Admission requirements vary depending upon the course of study and university of choice. There may not be any requirements to just take a class, but admission into certificate, bachelor, or graduate programs does require meeting institutional requirements.

For the best information and to submit an application, please visit the admissions websites for the university you wish to attend.