The Mission of the Fund Accounting Department is to fairly report the University's financial activities to external authorities and guide the many internal contributors in compliance with required standards.
To accomplish this mission, Fund Accounting functions in the following ways:
- Prepares financial statements and reports including the annual audited financial statements, OMB Circular A-133 Single Audit, Education Trust of Alaska, IPEDS, Unrelated Business Income Tax Return and other requests for financial data.
- Implements new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance with state, federal and university standards.
- Liaison with the State of Alaska for requesting and monitoring of all general fund and capital appropriations.
- Records and monitors all university endowment activity including the Land Grant Trust and its related funds.
- Accounts for new debt issuance and all debt service activity including the annual debt compliance report.
- Central office for university accounting best practices and procedures.
- Depository for Statewide and University of Alaska Foundation receipts.