Testimony via statewide audio conference will be held on the following days and times:
Monday, August 30, 2021, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday, November 1, 2021, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please call 1-866‑831‑8713 to join the queue to testify.
Provide your first and last name to the operator; your call will be placed in a queue and monitored. When it is your turn to speak the operator will notify you and transfer the call into the audio conference.
Upon transfer, introduce yourself: “Mr./Madam Chair and members of the Board of Regents, my name is (your name), calling from (city) then begin your testimony.
Comments are limited to two minutes per individual or as determined by the chair.
Live stream at: https://www.alaska.edu/bor/live/
Written testimony is accepted at any time and is shared with the board and the president. Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for providing testimony via audio conference:
Preparing Your Testimony
- Know what you want to say, be precise and specific.
- Have someone review your text or listen to your presentation.
- Summarize the main points of your comments.
- Offer a solution and be constructive.
- Practice and time yourself (2 minutes).
Tips for Testifying
- Speak directly and closely into the telephone.
- Address the chair and members. Introduce yourself and/or group you are representing: “Mr./Madam Chair and members of the Board of Regents, my name is (your name) and I represent myself and/or (name of your group) group.”
- Be clear, concise, and logical. Comments are limited to two minutes per individual or as determined by the chair.
- This is your opportunity to be heard. If you say you will provide more information, be sure to follow through.
- If you represent a group, explain how your position was reached.