The University's ProCard is for use in the purchase of goods and services, not to exceed $5000. It is issued to employees and can be set up with different limits and controls, based on purchasing needs.
New ProCard Approval Process Information
In March 2022, the University of Alaska moved to an electronic format for approving transactions and storing related documents. Transactions are now approved and documentation is uploaded and stored within PaymentNet. Information and training links can be found below. Please reach out to the ProCard Administrators for any questions.
ProCard Application / Agreements / Forms
ProCard Violation Form:
This form needs to be filled out by the cardholder when they make a ProCard violation. If this is submitted by the department admin, reconciler, and or the approving official it will not be accepted. This form needs to be filled out in it's entirety, forms submitted without the correct information will not be accepted.
ProCard Application / Agreements / Forms
- Application Site
- Approving Official Agreement
- Cardholder Agreement
- Cardholder Change Form
- Cardholder Close Form (NEW-NextGen)
- Lost Receipt Form (Certification of Unavailable Documentation)
- UAF Procurement Card Handbook - Revised - March 2017
Custodial Card Forms:
Frequently Used Forms
Manuals & Handouts
System Requirements for PaymentNet
- Mozilla® Firefox® 78.9 and above on Windows 7
- Google Chrome TM 91 and above on Windows 7
- Mac’s have not had any reported issues accessing PaymentNet.
- Instructions for Approved Waivers
- On Campus Catering Information
- Rep Allowance Account Guidelines
- Rep Allowance Forms Page
You must contact Denise Caissie at the contacts below for the permanent waiver form.
907-474-7374 or at email@example.com
Procard and Purchasing Forms
- Short Form Contract-Guest Speaker and Performers
- Certification of Need for Restrictive Specification for Research or Classroom Use
- Unauthorized Purchase Ratification Form
- Determination of Honorarium Status
- Purchase Requisition
- Authorized Signature Card
- Independent Contractor Status Determination Form
- Procard Transactions in Banner Finance
- Certification of Unavailable Documentation
- Waiver to Procard Procedures
- Purchasing Card Log (.doc | .xls)
- Procard Application
- Entertainment Expense Approval Form
- UA Electronic Payment Agreement Form
- Reconciler Guide
- Procard Change Form
- Timely Review of ProCard Statements Reminder
- Procurement Card Handbook
- Unallowable Purchases
- Banner Post Mapping Schedule
- Procard Transactions in Banner
- Printing Monthly Statements
- Fraud Protection
- Amazon Business Prime Use Policy
- Costco purchasing information
- Entering a Banner Call Number
- Creating a Banner Requisition
- Account Code Manual
- Guidance on Entertainment-type Expenses
- Guidance on Representational Expenses
- Entertainment Expense Authority
- JV Instructions
ATTENTION CARDHOLDERS: As part of the process for obtaining your new credit card, you will receive two (2) emails from JP Morgan Chase. These emails provide information on the PaymentNet website, a user id and temporary password so you can log into the system. They are not spam! If you have not received them prior to physically getting your card, check your spam folder, as they may have been diverted.
You must to log into the system to finish your setup to have access to all your card information, declines & authorizations, etc. Contact Procurement at 907-474-7374 if you have any problems logging in or finding your messages.
NOTE: The temporary password is only good for 5 days. Contact 907-474-7374 or JPMorgan (800-316-6056) to have it reset. Once you have set your permanent password it can be reset on-line through the PaymentNet website.
TRAINING: ProCard/Department Travel Card training is scheduled on an as needed basis. New cardholders are invited, by email, to the first class after processing their applications. All credit cards are delivered to Procurement & Contract Services. The cardholder will receive their card(s) upon completing training, if they have arrived.
AMAZON BUSINESS PRIME
This is a mandatory use membership. All purchases for UA on the ProCard must be made via the UA Amazon Business Prime account per the Amazon Business Prime Use Policy.
University of Alaska now has a central Amazon Business Prime account that will make it even easier for you to purchase on Amazon.com. Our goal is to simplify the purchasing process so you can take advantage of business only features you don’t have today on your consumer profiles.
Through this upgrade you will have immediate access to:
- Free Prime Shipping on eligible items
- Business Pricing and quantity discounts on select items
- Business-tailored search and browse functionality
- Access to a specialized Customer Service team for business customers only
Everything else you know and love about shopping on Amazon.com will remain the same.
If you would like to be added to the University of Alaska Amazon Business Business Account, please contact Denise Caissie at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invite that will then walk you through the registration process. Once you have completed this one time process you can immediately start shopping on Amazon.com with an even better customer experience!
Please also consider, once you have set up your profile on Amazon Business, going to https://smile.amazon.com/ and completing the process to have a donation made to a University of Alaska charitable organization for each eligible item you purchase with University of Alaska funds.
"AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice."
In order to have the donations be automatic, you must log into Amazon Business through the Amazon Smile website, at which point you will be automatically redirected to the Amazon Business section, with all the appropriate discounts applied to your order.
To get access to the Staples Advantage website with State of Alaska discounted pricing for University of Alaska, please contact Robert Ruy directly at Robert.Ruy@staples.com. You will be provided with individual login information.
Sensitive Account Codes
If one of these codes is used for a ProCard purchase, verify the grant supports these types of purchase prior to making the purchase. If the grant does not support purchases of these types, you will be required to do a JV to move the purchase to a different fund.
- Account Codes
- New Approval Process/Banner Mapping Information
- PaymentNet Advanced Query Instructions (Approvers)
- Banner Mapping Calendar
- FY21 Monthly Statement Print Calendar
- FY20 Monthly Statement Print Calendar
- Fiscal Mgr Audit Lookup Instructions
- Fiscal Mgr Creating a Departmental Cardholder List
- Fiscal Mgr Transaction Detail Lookup Table
- Office Depot / Office Max UAF Online Order Portal
- Office Depot / Office Max UAF Store Purchasing Program Flyer
- PaymentNet 4 - How Much Credit Do I Have Left
- PaymentNet 4 - Logging in to PaymentNet 4 For The First Time
- PaymentNet 4 - Looking Up a Decline
- PaymentNet 4 - My Profile Setup
- PaymentNet 4 - Printing a Statement
- PaymentNet 4 - Querying Transactions - Advanced Query
- PaymentNet 4 - Querying Transactions - New Query
- PaymentNet 4 - Querying by Hierarchy - Advanced Query
- PaymentNet 4 - Why Did My Card Decline
- ProCard and Travel Card | Statewide Financial Systems
Purchasing Web Resources
- Board of Regents
- Controller's Office
- University of Alaska Procurement
- State of Alaska - Division of General Services
- Internal Revenue Service