NEW Training Course added to MyUA - "Cold, Flu, and Transmissible Illness Prevention"
A new course has been added to the MyUA learning library. Here is a direct link to the learning activity: Cold, Flu, and Transmissible Illness Prevention.
In this learning activity, you will learn how to prevent contraction and transmission of cold and influenza viruses, as well as actions to take if they become infected. While there's no vaccine or specific treatment for COVID-19, we can all do things to protect ourselves and those around us. The same things that can help prevent colds and seasonal flu can help prevent COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face (nose, eyes, mouth). This is a habit most people have and it's hard to break, but a proven way to avoid infection.
- Stay home if you're sick.
- Avoid close contact with sick people if at all possible.
- Overall health and well-being can reduce your risks so getting enough sleep, regular exercise and a nutritious diet can go a long way toward keeping you healthy