UAS chancellor search process December update
UPDATED December 6, 2022
The University of Alaska Southeast (UAS) is conducting Zoom interviews of all semi-finalist candidates for the position of chancellor.
Previously, UAS Chancellor search committee co-chairs, Jennifer Ward and John Pugh, announced in an email to the UAS community that 40 applications were received for the position, and 25 passed the preliminary screening.
Campus visits with the finalists will be held in late January and early February. The committee is looking forward to vibrant participation from the university community in Juneau, Ketchikan, and Sitka.
- Week of Dec 5. Search committee interviews semi-finalists virtually (6-8)
- Week of Dec. 19 Finalists forwarded to President Pitney
- Week of Jan. 16. Finalists have in-person meetings
- John Pugh (co-chair) Retired UAS Chancellor
- Jennifer Ward (co-chair) Associate Professor of Library and Information Sciences
- Carin Silkaitis, Dean of Arts and Sciences
- Paul Kraft, UAS Sitka Campus Director
- Katie Sill, UAS Sitka Academic Advisor
- Mike LaBarge, Assistant Professor of Maritime Studies
- X'unei Lance Twitchell, Associate Professor of Alaska Native Studies
- Sander Schivens, UAS Juneau Campus Advisory Council
- Brian Holst, Executive Director Juneau Economic Development Council
- Glenn Gambrell, HR consultant
- Louisa Cryan, HR Coordinator
The Chancellor search web page has more information on the position profile, timeline, and committee members.