Alaska elective procedure travel program
Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alaska is devoted to making healthcare more affordable and easily accessible for University of Alaska employees. Premera’s Alaska Elective Procedure Travel program is intended to provide Alaska-based groups and members with the option to travel to the Lower 48 for select elective procedures.
Premera reviewed the travel program benefit. Now, the enhanced capabilities are here now that remove member barriers with the ultimate goal of providing an excellent member experience.
Key Elements of enhanced capabilities:
After careful review of the current program, market competitors, and stakeholder feedback,
Premera identified opportunities for growth in:
- Targeting and promotion to employees to yield higher participation
- Predictive modeling (leveraging clinical indicators to drive early identification and outreach)
- Unique and specialized proactive member outreach with Premera Pulse
- Addition of dedicated customer support concierge phone line and service unit
- Call 800-364-2994 to get clear benefit, eligibility, and medical cost information through dedicated customer support
- Travel and accommodation concierge services through dedicated phone line and service unit
- Care coordination and problem solving between case managers and customer support
- Steerage to high-value, lower-cost providers
- Paid airfare upfront
Here what you need to know about the changes to your benefits:
- Members enjoy a more coordinated experience with less upfront financial responsibility
for travel expenses.
- Easier access to higher-value, lower-cost providers.
- The university benefits from an increase in employee utilization as well as financial