Mental health awareness, training
Jan. 5, 2021
Mental health affects how we think, feel and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make healthy choices. During this time of year nearly 10% of Alaskans struggle with seasonal affective disorder. It is important to check in with yourself and others.
Deer Oaks is UA’s employee assistance program. If you would like to learn more about what your EAP program can do for you please view this 30-minute EAP refresher webinar, (https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5162023890003984141) or for 24-hour assistance you can call them directly at 888-993-7650.
Please take the time to make your mental health a priority. A great starting point in prioritizing your mental health is to take a mental health screening. It’s quick, free and confidential.
Deer Oaks offers numerous webinars to help understand and build fortitude while remaining resilient during challenging times. Please use the links below to take you directly to the trainings, or visit Deer Oaks to view its complete online catalog of articles, webinars and audio files on mental health.
- How to Effectively Manage Our Thoughts and Emotions
- How to Live a Mentally Healthy Life in the 21st Century
- The Mind-Body Connection (2017)
- The Mental Strength Workout
- Self-Care: Remaining Resilient
- Emotional Wellness: Building Better Mental Health
- Isolation: How to Mentally Cope with Socially Isolating
- Creating Hope Through Action (World Suicide Prevention Day)
For more information, email Tasha Leach, labor and employee engagement and training coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.