How the UA Wellness Program can help you with your health and fitness goals
A new year is another chance to set some goals to become healthier and happier in 2020. Maybe you want to be more active. This could be the year you take on the Equinox marathon or the Anchorage Mayor's Marathon and Half Marathon. Maybe you want to incorporate more vegetables into your diet or reduce your soda intake.
What if you could get personalized support and an additional reward for making healthy choices? With the UA Wellness Plan, you can earn a health care contribution rebate up to $600 for completing healthy activities.
No matter your health or fitness goal, the UA Wellness Plan is here to help. Victoria Carver, the wellness plan’s program manager and coach, offers health education classes online and in Fairbanks. She also offers personalized health and wellness coaching. She has coached and guided patients recovering from major surgery, beginner runners working toward their first 5k, and even experienced athletes wanting to improve their performance. To make an appointment with Carver, log into your Prevention Cloud online account.
“When I started my own fitness journey, I was 40 pounds overweight and avoided exercise,” said Carver. “I know the struggles and frustrations that can come with these types of lifestyle changes as well as the joy and the victory that comes once those changes are made. I am excited to share that with others while also providing them with the tools they need to be successful.”
Who is Eligible?
All employees and their spouses/financially interdependent partners (FIPs) who are enrolled in the UA Choice Health Plan are eligible for the wellness program.
How to Login
If you haven’t logged in to your unique account yet, follow these steps.
- Go to https://preventioncloud.com
- Your username is your FIRSTNAMELASTNAMEBirthyear
- Your password is your birthdate in the format MMDDYYYY
- Once you login, you will be prompted to change your password
Example: John Smith, born September 15, 1965, would have the username JOHNSMITH1965 and the password 09151965.
Employee single sign-on is coming soon.
How to Participate
Once you’ve logged in, you can start participating in the many activities and events
offered by the wellness program.
- Site tutorials are available under Quick Links to help you navigate through the portal.
- The program manual can be downloaded directly from your dashboard to give a more in-depth
description of how to complete activities and earn credit. The program manual is also
directly linked from the UA Wellness web page at alaska.edu/benefits/wellness so you don’t need to log in to see it.
- The online health risk assessment and biometric screening are required to earn your
rebate, but you have several options to choose from to earn your remaining five points.
- Schedule an in-person or telephonic coaching session.
- Watch webinars to learn more about eating healthy on a budget, breaking your sugar addiction, staying hydrated, and so much more.
If you have any questions regarding the wellness program, reach out to Victoria Carver at email@example.com or (907) 450-8203.