Getting care for COVID-19
Premera has published information on the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how your health plan can help. Please see their announcement here.
The UA Choice health plan through Premera offers Teladoc and the 24 hour Nurseline, so please feel free to utilize these services. You can register for Teladoc at any time (visit teladoc.com/premera) so you do not need to do this step when you need services. The cost for Teladoc is a $45 consult fee for most services. The 24 hour Nurseline is available at no cost to enrolled members at (800) 841-8343.
Also note that the "refill too soon" policy for refilling medications has been adjusted to ensure you have needed medications on hand. Just let your pharmacist know that you want an added supply at home based on COVID-19, and remember you can always have additional medication on hand through the mail order program.
While there's no vaccine or specific treatment for COVID-19, we can all do things to protect ourselves and those around us. The same things that can help prevent colds and flu can help prevent COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer with at least
- Avoid touching your face (nose, eyes, mouth). This is a habit most people have and
it's hard to break, but a proven way to avoid infection.
- Stay home if you're sick.
- Avoid close contact with sick people if at all possible.
- Overall health and well-being can reduce your risks so getting enough sleep, regular exercise and a nutritious diet can go a long way toward keeping you healthy
President Johnsen has released several communications regarding the university's resources,
restrictions and policies regarding COVID-19, and you can find them on the president's communications web site.