Home Test Kits for Biometric Screening
There is a new opportunity now available through the UA Wellness program for biometic screening opportunities at home. In previous years, UA Wellness has been able to host on-campus biometric screening events for employees and their spouses or financially interdependent partners. However, in this era of COVID-19 and physical distancing, hosting on-campus gatherings is not possible and going into a lab or your doctor's office can seem daunting. UA Wellness has now made it possible for participants to be able to continue to monitor their health and wellness without feeling like they have to put themselves or their loved ones at risk by introducing home testing kits for biometric screening for the 2021 plan year as an alternative for in-person screening.
HOW TO ORDER A HOME TEST KIT
- Login to your PreventionCloud account
- Employees, login using your SSO at https://alaska.edu/hr/
- Spouses/Financially Interdependent Partners, login at https://preventioncloud.com
- Select "Events" on the left-hand side of your screen
- Click "Join" for "Biometric Screening Home Test Kits"
- This will take you to the page where you can order your test kit
- Choose "Order test kit" and fill out the required information
- A test kit will be sent to the address you submit. Follow the instructions included in the kit to secure your sample (a finger stick is required to obtain your sample). Place your sample in the provided envelope and return via the mail. There is no shipping charge to receive or return your samples.
Home test kits can be ordered between December 9, 2020 and June 1, 2021 and must be returned no later than June 10, 2021 to receive credit for this program year. Though biometric screening is an optional activity this program year, it is worth 2 points toward your wellness rebate and the high point raffle.
Should you have any questions regarding the home testing kits, feel free to reach out to your wellness coordinator, Victoria Carver, at email@example.com.