University of Alaska Federation of Teachers
Collective Bargaining Agreement
On April 11, 2018, the Alaska Labor Relations Agency (ALRA) certified United Academics would represent the remaining 22 UAFT faculty under the UNAC CBA. All UAFT faculty members will become subject UNAC CBA on May 13, 2018 in accordance with the January 10, 2018, Settlement Agreement. After May 13, 2018, the University of Alaska will have only one bargaining unit of regular faculty.
ALRA - Certification of UNAC Bargaining Unit ( 04-11-2018 )
Settlement Agreement to Implement ALRA Decision & Order 301:
Transition Memo (1-26-18)
Settlement Agreement (1-10-18)
UAFT, UNAC and the University agreed to change the transition date for UAFT faculty from May 31, 2018, to May 13, 2018. This will allow UAFT faculty with a summer appointment or contract extension to begin that appointment under the terms of the UNAC CBA.
UAFT and the University signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) to extend terms of the 2015-2017 CBA through December 31, 2018. The current terms and conditions of the UAFT CBA will remain the same through that date.
To view the MOA, click here
To view the UAFT CBA, click here
Who's represented? Click here.
Click here to view the Collective Bargaining principles.
- UAFT FTO Guidelines (dtd 7-28-15)
Please contact your HR Department before using the letters below:
- Notice of Non-Renewal of Non-Tenure Track First Two years of Employment
- Notice of Non-Renewal of Non-Tenure Track Third through Six years of Employment
- Notice of Non-Renewal of Non-Tenure Track after Seven years of Employment
- Standard Notice - Non-Retention of Tenure Track
- Budgetary Uncertainty - Notice of Non-Retention of Tenure Track