- The approver receives an email notifying them of a Request pending their approval
- Sign into Concur or click the link provided in the email
- Access pending approvals from either
- My Tasks: Required Approvals on the homepage dashboard or
- The Approvals module
- Select Requests to access documents pending approval
- Click on the Request Name to open the document
Hot Tip: For on-the-go approvers, the SAP Concur mobile app enables Default Approvers (e.g. supervisors) and Cost Object Approvers (e.g. PIs) to quickly approve trips even if you are away from the office.
Review & Approve
- Select the Request Header tab to view the trip purpose, dates, destination and funding source
- Select the Expense Summary tab to view the requested expenses and applicable allocations
- View additional information provided by the traveler or delegate
- Attachments: Check Documents – Documents attached to the Request (Reminder: A business-only cost comparison is required if there is personal time documented in the Request Header)
- Print/Email: UA-Copy of Request Printed Report – A summary report of the trip information, requested expenses and accounting information
- Once reviewed, select one of the following actions in the top-right:
- Send Back Request –If the Request needs corrections or is not approved, this sends it back to the traveler for correction and resubmission. Returning a Request requires a comment which is included in the email notification sent to the traveler and their delegate.
- Approve – Moves Request to the next step in the Approval Flow. If this is the final approval, Request is either given a status of “Pending on-line Booking” or “Approved.”
- Approve & Forward – Opens the Approval Flow to add an additional approver. Once added, select Approve.
Add an Approver
- Select “Approve & Forward” which opens the Approval Flow tab
- Under “User-Added Approver:” search for and select the additional approver
- The added approver now appears in the step after your approval
- Add more approvers using the blue “+” (hover over the icon to see if it adds a step before or after the selected approval step)
- Click the red “x” to remove an added approver
- Click "Approve"
Visit the training library for videos and downloadable guides.