Phone Settings - updating online
The UAF phone system has a Self-Care User Portalthat can be used to modify the settings on your phone. This feature is especially helpful for those users who need to update their phone settings because they will be working away from their University office location.
Highlighted features of the self-care portal include:
- Setting up speed dial buttons
- Setting up call forwarding (including multi-line forwarding)
- Adjusting voicemail notification features
- Setting up a personal directory
To access the phone Self-Care User Portal:
- If working off campus, login to the University's VPN (virtual private network).
- Then visit https://phones.uaf.edu/ucmuser/.
- Input your UA credentials.
- Click “Sign In”.
PLEASE NOTE: Access to this portal requires access to the UA network or UAF VPN.
For detailed instructions on the use of the Self-Care Portal, please visit review the Cisco Unified Communications Self Care Portal User Guide. Although the self-care portal is intuitive, this document details all the features.
If you experience trouble with the Self-Care Portal or your device is not showing up, please contact the OIT Service Desk by submitting a Work Request Form. If you are having trouble submitting the form, contact the OIT Service Desk at 450-8300 or email@example.com.