Steps to Request Travel
1. Complete Travel Request Form. Please send form to email@example.com. Once your form is received the IT Travel Coordinator will prepare an AT (Travel Authorization) and route for approval.
2. Please make sure to make any updates to your Travel Profile if needed. Especially if you have had a recent change of banks (see direct deposit link below) or change of address.
*University employees do not have to purchase insurance when renting a car while in "business" travel status. See Memo from Statewide Office of Risk Management (pdf).
- Submit original receipts* within 7 days of the completion of travel to the OIT Travel Coordinator.
- The OIT Travel Coordinator will prepare the Expense Report (TER) and route for approval. Once submitted, you will be reimbursed via paper check. However, Direct Deposit is the preferred method of reimbursement and should be set up on UAOnline. This is a separate direct deposit from payroll.
*Receipts to include: baggage fees, hotel folio, final car rental agreement, conference/meeting agenda, and any gas, taxi or, parking receipts.
Per Diem Rates
The meals and incidental rate shall be $60.00 a day for Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau and their surrounding communities. For all other locations, please click on the link below.
- UA Travel Regulations
- Alaska Airlines
- Ravn Alaska
- Marriott Discount Flyer
- Passport Information
- Risk Management Resources for Travelers
- SW Individual Travel Card Application
- UAF Individual Travel Card Application
- Individual Travel Cardholder Agreement
- Individual Travel Card Program Benefits
- Update to Individual Travel Card