Alaska Flag Song
Alaska Flag Song Licenses
The copyright to the Alaska Flag Song is held by the University of Alaska Foundation. The University of Alaska Foundation is responsible to ensure that the song is used in a manner befitting its status as the state song of the State of Alaska, and to protect the song from illegal use and copyright infringement and to obtain sufficient remuneration of use of the song as befits any other investment asset of the Foundation.
For the full details on the policy on the use of the Alaska Flag Song, please click here.
Licenses for use of the Alaska Flag Song will be issued under the following guidelines:
- Licenses will be non-exclusive and will be of the shortest duration possible to accommodate the intended use - but in no case longer than one year.
- Licenses may be issued for reasonable commercial uses.
- Licenses will be issued for public performances, recordings, and the creation of new renditions for such purposes subject to these guidelines.
- Licenses will not be issued for public performances, recordings or new renditions which are:
- satires, caricatures or humorous applications
- obviously not in keeping with the stature of the Song as the official state song of the State of Alaska as determined by the Alaska Legislature.
- Licenses will be issued in accordance with the current fee structure which is substantially as follows:
- Commercial use (recordings, publications or performances for profit or in connection with commercial or profit making activities - e.g. cassette tapes, CD’s, in performances, publications of sheet music etc.) and use in connection with political campaigns and activities = $500
- Non profit uses (fundraising performances by non-profit groups, renditions by school bands etc.) = No Charge
- Unlicensed users of the song, when discovered, will be informed of this policy and the requirements for legal use outlined herein.
Any printed materials accompanying or created in conjunction with the uses stated above must carry an attribution to the University Foundation (copyright 1985, the University of Alaska Foundation, All Rights Reserved).
To request a license, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to specify what the license will be used for and if the license will be used for commercial or non profit use.