Education and Outreach
Alaska ACE included a number of education and outreach projects, which served the dual purposes of bolstering K-12 science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education and of enabling the flow of information between EPSCoR, the University of Alaska, and the Alaskan public.
Activities by the EOD Group's Leadership Team have resulted in multiple peer-reviewed publications. The EOD Group also helped produce "Sharing Questions, Sharing Answers," a final report on stakeholder engagement activities of the ACE project.
- GoPro footage (video) of educational research by EPSCoR grantee Carie Green
- The EOD Component (pdf): "Getting the Word Out"
- The T3 Project (pdf): "Teaching Through Technologies"
- 2016 Alaska Native Engagement Grants (pdf)
- The Model Arctic Council (pdf): "The Arctic Writ Small"
- Kachemak Bay Research Reserve (pdf): "Drawing Crowds on Kachemak Bay"
- Hackathon (pdf): "EPSCoR Sponsors Interior Alaska Hackathon"
- Engaging Young Children as Active Researchers (pdf): "Through Their Eyes"
- Upward Bound QGIS Class (pdf): "A Solid Grounding"
- SES cohort (pdf): "EPSCoR SES Cohort Takes Flight"
- Storytelling project (pdf): "Science and Stories"
- The Modern Blanket Toss project (pdf): "Up, Up and Away"