UA Journey

History of the Presidents' Residence

The president's residence has shifted a few times since 1922 to our present day. The first president's residence was constructed in 1922 by Dr. Charles E. Bunnell, which is one of the oldest, still-standing, structures on the UAF campus. The second residence was constructed in 1954 as part of a deal for then president Ernest Patty. The residence is now the official residence of the UAF chancellor. The current residence was constructed in 1993 and completed the following year.

Back to Top