The following funding opportunities can provide resources to further workforce development in the State of Alaska (SOA). We will add opportunities to this funding resource list as they are identified. If you have information about specific funding programs or grants that are not provided here, please contact us.
- GovDelivery Subscription Portal - Grant Notifications
- Workforce Funding Administered by SOA Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Workforce Inovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Workforce Investments Administered by the SOA Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- AEA Emerging Energy Technology Fund
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College & Career Training Grant
- Carl D. Perkins Career & Technical Education Improvement Act
2014 Funding Announcements
- USDOL Announces Apprenticeship Grant Program
- BP Process Technology Scholarship Application Available for 2015-2016
- Rasmuson Foundation Announces $8.7 Million in Grants and Awards
- Alaska Airlines Pledges $1 Million to Support STEM Education in Rural Alaska
- Vice President Biden Announces Recipients of $450 Million of Job-Driven Training Grants
- Emerging Energy Technology Fund Now Extended Until 2020
- New Oil & Gas Grant Pays Student Tuition & Fees
- NSF Earmarks $1.5M for Native Students Studying STEM Subjects
- Americorps FY15 Grant Opportunities
The Technical Vocational Education Program (TVEP) provides grants to high-demand career and technical education entities for industry-specific, on-the-job and classroom training.
The University of Alaska Workforce Development Committee joined efforts to advocate for the reauthorization of TVEP. Click here to review the UA TVEP Advocacy Package. TVEP was reauthorized for three years, through July 31, 2017, in House Bill 278.
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Receives TAACCCT Grant Award