The University of Alaska is committed to working closely with all federal and state agencies and private enterprise to further develop collaboration and new exposures for future growth in all areas of science and technology.
The Vice President of Academic Affairs and Research, Dr. Daniel M. White, directs a division of services including Academic Affairs and Research, Corporate Programs, Student Services, Health Programs, Distance Education, K-12 Outreach, collaboration on academic governance, academic and research initiatives involving UA campuses, the state and federal sectors, and outreach including international initiatives.
Common Calendar for AY17
The president and chancellors have approved a common calendar for AY17.
The approved proposal can be viewed HERE.
Academic Master Plan
Approved by the Board of Regents, April 2011
UA Board of Regents Policy
The following Board of Regents' Policy and University Regulation documents contain policies pertaining to the role of the VP of Academic Affairs and the Statewide Academic Council.
- PART II. ADMINISTRATION: Chapter 02.02. Officers of the University
- PART III. FACULTY, STAFF AND STUDENT GOVERNANCE: Chapter 03.01. Faculty, Staff and Student Governance
- PART V. FINANCE AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: Chapter 05.10. Tuition and Student Fees
- PART IX. STUDENT AFFAIRS: Chapter 09.01. Student Affairs; General Provisions
- PART X. ACADEMIC POLICY: Chapter 10.02. Academic Administrative Organization
- PART X. ACADEMIC POLICY: Chapter 10.04. Academic Programs
- PART X. ACADEMIC POLICY: Chapter 10.06. Academic Program Review