Expert Second Opinion and Medical Advice at No Cost
Have you or a family member ever experienced medical uncertainty and didn't know where to turn? The University of Alaska health plan is pleased to provide you with a valuable benefit to help - it's called Best Doctors. Best Doctors is a remote second opinion service that gives you and your dependents access to medical advice from the world's leading physicians on everything from minor surgery to serious conditions like cancer and heart disease. This benefit is confidential and offered at no charge to benefits eligible employees and their dependents.
Best Doctors offers a range of services to help you and your family members make the right medical decisions:
- In-Depth Medical Review - Best Doctors will collect your medical records, images and test samples and send them to an expert specialist for review. After the review, you will receive a detailed and confidential report summarizing the Best Doctors Expert's findings so that you and your treating physician can take the right next steps.
- Critical Care Support - Best Doctors helps ensure that you have the right diagnosis and treatment when it matters most - after an acute or catastrophic medical event. Our renowned emergency medical experts can provide early intervention along with your treating medical team for the most serious cases, which may significantly improve critical care outcomes while reducing unnecessary expense.
- Ask the Expert - For more basic questions about a diagnosis or treatment options, Best Doctors can provide the answers. No more wondering what steps to take or relying on Internet searches. You get a personalized response in about five days from a doctor who fully understands your particular situation.
- Find a Best Doctors - Need a pediatrician? Want the best surgeon in your area? Looking for a medical specialist? Best Doctors will help you locate the doctor right for you and can confirm if the physician is in-network, however, all members should check with Premera prior to contacting the physician's office as networks can change at any given time.
- Medical Records eSummary - Be proactive when it comes to your health. Even if you're not facing an immediate medical need, Best Doctors can collect and organize all of your medical records and provide them to you on an easy-to-access USB drive. Best Doctors will also include a personal Health Alert Summary based on the records collected, so you get both your medical history and a snapshot of your medical future in one convenient place.
To start your case, or get more information, call 1-866-904-0910, or visit members.bestdoctors.com
You can connect with a member of the Best Doctors clinical team from the comfort of your home. They will listen to your concerns and handle the rest - even gather your medical records for you. You can be sure you have the right information, the right diagnosis and the right treatment, so you can make the right decisions about your care.