Student Internship Program
Open to upper level accounting students, this position affords the intern an opportunity to gain practical audit experience, while getting paid, and while earning university credits. Announcements are posted on www.uakjobs.com as the position becomes available. Interested students are encouraged to apply. Once accepted, the student/employee is encouraged to coordinate with the UAF School of Management (SOM) to earn university credit for their work.
Inquiries to this position may be directed to Nichole Pittman, Chief Audit Executive. She may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 450-8094.
To coordinate with UAF SOM for academic credit, contact the dean’s office at email@example.com, or 474-7461.
• Travel and Travel Card
• Procurement Card
• Cash Receipts
• Developing continuous controls auditing tests and monitoring results
• Assisting with follow-up auditing
• Research of various audit topics
At the director’s discretion, other projects may be assigned as time warrants. Final disposition of work is passed to the Chief Audit Executive for review.
Interns apply their skills in:
• Communicating with clients
• Utilizing various audit methodologies
• Creating work papers
• Documenting processes and internal controls
• Performing field work
• Conducting test work
• Preparing audit reports
• Budgeting time
• Prioritizing tasks
• Researching audit topics
• Working in a team environment
• The student must have junior standing or higher in an approved SOM program.
• The student must have a GPA of at least 3.0 for accounting and business courses.