Actions: Motions and Resolutions
Governance groups initiate actions in the form of a motion or a resolution.
For UA System Governance, a motion is a statement accompanied by a rationale paragraph and requires an action of approval, disapproval or modification from the UA President.
A resolution is a formal expression of opinion or intention on behalf of an organized group and does not require action on the part of the UA President.
Coalition of Student Leaders
Motion 2014-01 Governance Process Defined (rescinded)
- UAA APT Staff Council Resolution
- UAA Classified Staff Council Resolution
- UAF Staff Council Resolution
- UAS Staff Council Resolution
- Response from President Gamble 1-9-2014