UA Journey

John E. McIntosh Hall

Fairbanks Campus

Description: 405 Denali Lane

John A. McIntosh Hall opened in 1956 as a men's residence hall. It is one of three halls of the same design on Denali Lane. The other two behind Lola Tilly Commons are Nerland and Stevens halls. McIntosh can comfortably accommodate 100 students in both single and double rooms.

In 1983, the building received substantial renovations and upgrades. Another renovation in 1997 added new furniture and wiring to provide cable television and high-speed Internet access. McIntosh was the last remaining all-men’s residence hall on campus until 1998, when it went coed by floor.



Back to Top