The following funding opportunities can provide resources to further workforce development in the State of Alaska (SOA). We will add opportunities to this funding resource list as they are identified. If you have information about specific funding programs or grants that are not provided here, please contact us.
- GovDelivery Subscription Portal - Grant Notifications
- Workforce Funding Administered by SOA Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Workforce Inovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Workforce Investments Administered by the SOA Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College & Career Training Grant
- Carl D. Perkins Career & Technical Education Improvement Act
2015 Funding Announcements
- UAA Receives Largest In-kind Donation in UIniversity System History
- President Obama Announces Over $240 Million in New STEM Commitments
- FNBA Contributes $1 Million to Local Organizations
- Notice of Availability of Funds and Funding Opportunity Announcement for YouthBuild
- U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker Announces $10 Million in Grants to Advance Innovation Across America
- SFY 2016 Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Youth Program Request for Grant Applications
- ExxonMobil Pledges $600,000 to the Alaska Native Science & Engineering Program
- Administration Proposes New CTE Innovation Fund
The Technical Vocational Education Program (TVEP) provides grants to high-demand career and technical education entities for industry-specific, on-the-job and classroom training.
The University of Alaska Workforce Development Committee joined efforts to advocate for the reauthorization of TVEP. Click here to review the UA TVEP Advocacy Package. TVEP was reauthorized for three years, through July 31, 2017, in House Bill 278.
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Receives TAACCCT Grant Award