"Data to Decisions" Visualization Workshop
Alaska NSF EPSCoR held a successful "Data to Decisions" Visualization Workshop on the UAF campus on November 16-17, 2015. PDFs of the keynote presentation and selected other presentations from the event are provided below. We've also posted the keynote slideshow with accompanying audio, below.
- Jen Christiansen (keynote): What is Data Visualization, and How Do You Do It?
- Kevin Desouza (guest speaker): Designing and Visualizing: Prototypes for Making Decisions in the Face of Uncertainty
- Dayne Broderson and Pips Veazey: Decision Theater North
- Bill Brody: Truth, Beauty and Technology: An Artist’s Perspective
- Olivia Lee: Integrating Data and Uncertainty in North Slope Development Scenarios
- Jennifer Moss: Ten Design Considerations for Compelling Visualizations
- Erin Pettit: Tools for Observation: Art and the Scientific Process
- Vanessa Raymond: Plug and Play?
- Nathan Shafer: Data Visualization, Augmented Reality and Digital Humanities as New Media Practices in Alaska
- Kristin Timm: The Process of Integrating Art, Science and Design
- Frank Witmer: Visualizing Geographic Data in a Planetarium Dome